A. Krymskyi Institute of Oriental Studies, NAS of Ukraine
National Institute of Strategic Studies
Ukrainian Association of Sinologists
Publishing House “Helvetica”
SINO-RUSSIAN RELATIONS IN THE CONTEXT OF THE WAR IN UKRAINE
on the Ukrainian Platform for Contemporary China
May 23, 2023
at 3-5 p.m. (Kyiv time) via ZOOM
A year into the unpredictable war launched by Russia against Ukraine, China has appeared to re-articulate its position. The experts in this round table will join to discuss China’s interests in the conflict, evaluate whether China’s support for Russia has changed and whether China may play a role in the conflict’s resolution.
- Does China’s peace plan mark the end of its diplomatic ghosting of Ukraine?
- What economic leverage do the US and Europe have over Sino-Russian convergence?
- Does the “no-limits friendship” reach its limits in Ukraine?
- What are the potential implications of Sino-Russian cooperation for the global security?
- Isabel Hilton, Moderator,Founder of ChinaDialogue.net
- Jakub Jakóbowski, Deputy Director, Centre for Eastern Studies, Warsaw
- Graeme Robertson, Professor of Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dmytro Yefremov, Board Member, Ukrainian Association of Sinologists, Ukraine
- Olena Bordilovska, National Institute for Strategic Studies, Ukraine
- Chelsea Ngoc Minh Nguyen, UN in Indonesia (2019-2022) and Thailand (2016-2017), Indonesia
- Jiong Gong, Professor of Economics, University of International Business and Economics, China
Please register for the event on the website https://ua-china.org/