Baltic International Academy
Scientific and pedagogical internship
ACTUAL PROBLEMS OF TEACHING
SOCIAL SCIENCE DISCIPLINES
Riga, the Republic of Latvia
November 6 – December 17, 2023
Academic staff of higher education institutes, research associates of scientific establishments, doctoral candidates, postgraduate students, applicants, students, who have or obtain social education, are invited to participate in the internship.
Workload of the internship has 6 credits ECTS (180 hours) and distributed 6 hours each day for 6 business weeks.
Every internship participant receives a certificate of completion of a scientific and pedagogical internship (in two languages with the specification of the hourly program) and a printed collection of abstracts.
The certificate of completion is a document confirming completion of the scientific and pedagogical internship in a scientific institute of EU country and which is necessary for obtainment of academic rank of Associate Professor, Professor and Senior Research Fellow, according to paras. 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.7 of Procedure for awarding degrees to academic staff (given the latest amendments under the Order of the MES of Ukraine No. 322 dated 17.03.2021) as well as for licensing and accreditation of educational services.
HEAD OF ORGANISING COMMITTEE:
Stanislav BUKA, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Rector of the Baltic International Academy.
- Iryna PLOTKA, dr.psych., prof., Baltic International Academy;
- Tatiana YURKEVICH, dr.iur., as.prof., Baltic International Academy;
- Alla ILJINA, dr.oec., docent, Baltic International Academy;
- Zhanna TSAURKUBULE, dr.sc.ing., professor, Baltic International Academy.
1) participants should fill in an application form and send abstracts meeting the scope of activities at an education or research institution of Ukraine to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 31, 2023 (inclusively);
2) send a scanned copy of payment confirmation of the organizing fee after receiving payment details.
RE: FOR INTERNSHIP IN SOCIAL SCIENCES.
Participation in the scientific and pedagogical internship without research and methodological report is impossible.
On January 8, 2024, the collection of abstracts and certificates will be sent to the participants at the postal addresses indicated in the form.
English Zoom lecture is planned under the framework of the internship.
Date: 27 November, 10:00 (Kyiv time).
All participants of the internship receive a link to the online lecture after covering the internship fee. The lecture will be saved.
Speaker: Jurijs BALTGAILIS, Dr.oec., Ass. professor, Baltic International Academy.
Topic: “Student-centered learning”.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ABSTRACTS:
Pay attention to the fact that the topic of the scientific and methodological report should concern the peculiarities of social education scholars, the system of higher education in Ukraine and the EU, the formation of knowledge and skills of social education experts etc.
- Volume – from 2 to 5 pages А-4 exercised in Microsoft Word for Windows 2000, 2003, 2007; 2010; 2015; 2019.
- Type font – Times New Roman, size – 14; line spacing– 1,5; first line indent – 1,25 см; fields – 2 см.
- Sequence of materials in abstracts: title (capital letters, font – semi-bold); author’s surname and initials (font – semi-bold); academic degree, rank (if any), post, place of employment (study); text.
- A file should be titled in accordance with participant’s surname and initials (for example: StetsenkoL.P._abstracts).
- References (without repetitions) are at the bottom of the text taking into account the National Standard of Ukraine DSTU 8302: 2015 “Information and documentation. Bibliographic reference. General principles and rules of composition”.
Citations in the text should be marked with numerical order of a source according to the list and page (pages) number, for example [5, p. 26].
Language: Latvian, English, Ukrainian.
EXAMPLE OF ABSTRACT:
Особливості дистанційного навчання
у галузі соціально-поведінкових наук
Лушагіна Т. В.
кандидат політичних наук,
доцент кафедри соціології та політології
Чорноморський національний університет
імені Петра Могили
м. Миколаїв, Україна
Текст… [1, с. 4].
- Світовий досвід організації та розвитку університетської системи дистанційного навчання / укл. І. В. Кулага, Д. О. Ільницький, С. О. Стрельник. К., 2013. 38 с.
The Organizing Committee guarantees high-quality anonymous peer-review of each contribution. All internship abstracts are subject to checking for plagiarism using StrikePlagiarism.com by the Polish company Plagiat.pl.
PROHIBITION ON USING THE AGGRESSOR STATE’S SCHOLARLY PAPERS:
Languages: Ukrainian, English, and Latvian. It is prohibited citing and including in the reference list Russian-language publications published in any country, including papers written in other languages but published in russia and belarus.
REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE IN UKRAINE:
Center for Ukrainian and European Scientific Cooperation (according to the signed agreement on international cooperation with the Baltic International Academy)
Contact person: Kachan Olena Viktorivna – Coordinator of scientific events and projects on social sciences.
Telephone: +38 068 473 02 25