It is worth agreeing that most cases concerning the analysis and consideration of legal rules refer to the laws which act “onshore”. However, everyone also should keep in mind the laws regulating civil rights “on the sea”. To make this issue actual, the international scientific conference on maritime security was held under the support of the Center for Ukrainian and European Scientific Cooperation.
The scientific event “Maritime security of the Baltic-Black Sea Region: Challenges and Threats” took place at Odessa State University of Internal Affairs. Academic staff of higher education institutions, analytical organizations, state authorities and local self-government bodies, postgraduate students, students, and all interested in maritime security of the Baltic-Black Sea region had an opportunity to join the international conference.
- Legislation Institute of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine;
- Odessa State University of Internal Affairs;
- Odesa Military Academy;
- National Academy of the Security Service of Ukraine;
- Odessa National Maritime University;
- National University of Water and Environmental Engineering;
- Institute of Criminal Law and Applied Criminology (Chisinau);
- Siedlce University of Natural Sciences and Humanities;
- Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport;
- Center for Ukrainian and European Scientific Cooperation.
Kuznichenko Serhii Oleksandrovych, Doctor of Law, Professor, Rector of Odessa State University of Internal Affairs, made a welcome speech.
Domestic and foreign partners of the CUESC joined welcoming remarks:
- Drapiatyi Bohdan Yevhenovych – Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
- Hrynevetskyi Serhii Rafailovych – Head of Odesa Regional State Administration;
- Rudenko Serhii Vasylovych – Doctor of Engineering, Professor, Rector of Odessa National Maritime University;
- Cherniak Andrii Mykolaiovych – Doctor of Law, Professor, Colonel, Rector of the National Academy of the Security Service of Ukraine;
- Kurovska Ilona Anatoliivna – PhD in Law, Senior Research Associate, Director of the Legislation Institute of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- Vareikis Vygantas – Doctor of Humanities, Professor, Leading Research Fellow, Institute of Baltic Region History and Archaeology, Klaipėdaė University (the Republic of Lithuania);
- Grygus Ihor Mykhailovych – Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Director the Educational and Scientific Institute of Health Care of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering;
- Skalski Dariusz – Dr.hab. Prof., Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport (the Republic of Poland);
- Buzhor Valerii Heorhiiovych – Doctor of Law, Professor, Rector of the Institute of Criminal Law and Applied Criminology, President of the Independent Criminological Association of the Republic of Moldova (the Republic of Moldova).
The conference covered the following topics:
- The status of interregional and national strategies for maritime security.
- Maritime security cooperation of the Baltic-Black Sea states.
- Modern military threats in the Baltic-Black Sea region and countermeasures.
- International and national statutory support of maritime security.
- Maritime security and international maritime organizations.
- The role of law-enforcement agencies in ensuring maritime security.
- Current state and challenges of maritime security of ports of the Baltic-Black Sea region.
- Activities of state army units in maritime security.
- Fight against maritime terrorism, smuggling, and illegal drug trafficking.
- Respect for seafarers’ rights as a component of maritime security.
- Particularities of training and retraining of maritime security officers.
- Interrelation of maritime security and economic, environmental, food, information, and energy security of the Baltic-Black Sea states.
- Countering maritime illegal migration, human exploitation and trafficking.
- The functioning of maritime search and rescue teams.
- Maritime security maintenance.
Oleh Pavlovych Holovko, Director of Helvetica Publishing House, concluded the conference by presenting the concept of the journal “Maritime Security” and signing an agreement with the periodical’s partners.
As a result of the scientific event, every participant receives a certificate and a collection of abstracts, which will be published by Latvian publisher Publishing House “Baltija Publishing”.
We express our gratitude to everyone who took part in the scientific conference!
Video about the conference is available at the link.
1 з 6