North University Centre of Baia Mare (Centrul Universitar Nord din Baia Mare) together with the Centre for Ukrainian and European Scientific Cooperation (according to the signed international cooperation agreement) organised and conducted a number of international scientific and practical conferences on pedagogical and philological sciences. The events took place on December 21–22, 2018, in Baia Mare (Romania). Scholars from Ukraine also joined the events, but in a distant form.
North University Centre of Baia Mare is a campus of Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (Romania). Technical University supports international values exchange being completely integrated into the life of international academic society. This tendency is observed in more than 200 inter-university and international cooperation agreements. Discovery of European and universal space of education and science is one of the priorities of the university. Branches of research activities are available in a full range: from engineering to fundamental, social sciences and humanities to art criticism.
North University Centre of Baia Mare was the official organizer of the conference, however, the Center for Ukrainian and European Scientific Cooperation was the representative of the Organising Committee in Ukraine. Due to harmonious collaboration, more than 200 participants from Ukraine had the opportunity of participating in the international scientific events.
Thus, the following scientific and practical conferences were conducted by virtue of joint efforts:
1) a conference “Pedagogy in EU countries and Ukraine at the modern stage” where participants studied and revealed flaws in pedagogical education in Ukraine, possibilities of introduction of European experience both in the educational process and practical and academic activity of educators etc. The conference programme was posted at the official web-site of the North University Centre of Baia Mare at the link.
Within the framework of the conference the following sections operated and due to which papers of participants were distributed:
1. Methodology and history of pedagogy
2. Theory and practice of training
3. Theory and practice of education
4. Theory and methodology of vocational education
5. Social pedagogy
6. Modern pedagogical technologies;
2) a conference “Philology in EU countries and Ukraine at the modern stage” where participants covered important and burning issues of philology as a science and professional activity. The conference programme is available at the official web-site of the North University Centre of Baia Mare at the link.
The following sections performed within the conference:
1. Slavic languages
3. Romance, Germanic and other languages
4. Theory of literature
5. Comparative literature studies
6. General linguistics
7. Comparative, typological linguistics
8. Translation studies
9. Language and mass communication tools
10. Intercultural communication.
All Ukrainian participants will receive collections of abstracts and certificates of participation authenticated with the seal within specified time limits. The collection will be awarded ISBN (International Standard Book Number) by a European publishing house. The certificate is a document confirming participation in a scientific conference (congress, symposium, and workshop) conducted in a EU country according to paras. 5.2, 7.3, Section 2 Procedure for awarding degrees to academic staff approved by the Order of the Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine dated January 14, 2016 No 13.