We invite you to submit your article for review and possible publication in the foreign scientific journal «Economics and Education».
The journal was founded by ISMA University of Applied Sciences (Riga, Latvia) in 2016.
«Economics and Education» is developed to release current studies on economics and education. It brings together scientists from different continents, whose papers cover aspects of innovative economic development, management, finance, education and social economy.
The main aim of the journal is to popularize the ideas of scientists, promote the exchange of relevant information in subject areas and develop scientific activities to solve problems of modern society.
The publication is intended for scientists, doctors and candidates of sciences (PhD), postgraduate students, PhD and doctoral students, students, as well as for practitioners.
Founder: ISMA University of Applied Sciences, one of the leading higher education institutions in Latvia. One of the core values of ISMA is providing quality knowledge and skills, as the university has a rich tradition and resources to ensure the development and promotion of European higher education.
In 2021, a cooperation agreement was signed between ISMA University of Applied Sciences and the Center for Ukrainian and European Scientific Cooperation (CUESC). This authorizes CUESC to represent the journal “Economics and Education” in Ukraine.
Publisher: Izdevnieciba “Baltija Publishing”
Periodicity: 4 times a year.
Media registration certificate (Latvia): Nr. 000941972
ISSN: print 2500-946X, online 2592-8236
The journal is included in scientometric and abstract databases: Crossref, Ulrichsweb, ResearchBib, Google Scholar, InfoBase Index, Index Copernicus, Open Academic Journals Index (OAJI), International Scientific Indexing (ISI), Directory of Research Journals Indexing (DRJI)
Articles must be submitted in English only. The editorial team provides translation services from Ukrainian/Russian into English.
A scientific article published in this journal is considered a publication in a periodical scientific publication of the state, which is a member of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development and the European Union in accordance with para. 2.2 of the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine “On publishing the results of dissertations for the degree of doctor and candidate of sciences (PhD)” No. 1220 dated September 23, 2019 (for obtaining the degree of candidate and doctor of sciences) and para. 11 of the Procedure for conducting an experiment to award the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 167 dated March 6, 2019 (for the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy).
To publish the article in Vol 7 No. 1, 2022, it is necessary to send the following materials to the e-mail email@example.com
- the article made according to requirements;
- you should fill the form to indicate the information about the author at the link;
- payment receipt for the article publishing charge*.
*Payment details are sent to the author after successful review process and checking the article with anti-plagiarism detection system.
ПAfter the article is accepted for publication, the author should send the completed form of the Author Agreement. The corresponding author of the article signs the Agreement. This should be scanned (in PDF or JPG) and sent via email.
- Social Economic
After the author submits the article to the journal, it undergoes an internal anonymous review. Articles are reviewed by one of the members of the editorial board or a reviewer who is a recognized expert in the field of knowledge on the subject of the presented paper (single-blind review, i.e., the reviewer knows the author, but the author does not know the reviewer). Objective reviewers carefully evaluate the quality of the submitted article, including using their personal criteria. Reviewers check the manuscripts for validity of the chosen research methodology and procedures. In addition, they are able to detect unethical actions or plagiarism. If the reviewer has some comments on the article, it can be returned to the author for revision. All materials are evaluated according to the following criteria: originality, innovation, value of results in the field, theoretical basis and review of already conducted research and available publications, methodology, literacy, compliance with editorial requirements. Review process usually lasts 10-15 days.
After the materials are reviewed, the reviewer can make one of the following decisions:
- Publish as is;
- Publish with minor revisions;
- Submit for re-review (if significant revisions are required);
- Reject (if significant revision is required but the author cannot resubmit the materials revised);
- Reject without resubmission (if the material contains fundamental mistakes, plagiarism, or does not correspond to the subject of the journal).
The authors of the articles are fully responsible for the content, the accuracy of data, facts, citations, the level of independence of the results obtained.
ARTICLE PUBLISHING CHARGE:
The article publishing charge for authors from Ukraine is 1,500 UAH (for an article of 10-15 pages), as the Center for Ukrainian and European Scientific Cooperation has a discount on the publication of materials according to the partnership agreement. Payment details are provided after a successful review of the article.
The funds paid by the authors are used exclusively for the organization of scientific peer review and reimbursement of editorial, publishing and logistics costs. The article publishing charge includes the cost of one printed copy of the journal for the author and charges for sending it throughout Ukraine in a convenient way.
- Format – A4, orientation – portrait, prepared in Microsoft Word (*.doc or *.docx)
- Margins – 2 cm for all sides
- Font – Times New Roman
- Main text size – 14 pt
- Line spacing – one and a half
- Text alignment – width
- Paragraph indent – 1.25 cm
- Page numbering – absent
- Automatic hyphenation – none
Figures and tables should be placed immediately after the text where they are mentioned or on the next page. Font size for tables and figures – 12 pt. The number of figures and tables should be minimal and appropriate. Figures and tables on landscape pages are not accepted.
Formulas must be typed using the internal formula editor in Microsoft Word for Windows.
Article volume – 10-15 pages.
SEQUENCE OF STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS:
- The first line indicates the title of the article in English.
- The second line indicates the Surname, Name of the author(s) of the article in English (no more than two people). ORCID and/or ResearcherID for the author(s), and e-mail of the author(s). If the author does not have ORCID, you should create your account at the link.
- The third line indicates affiliation, title of educational institution, country in English.
- Extended abstract in English. To reveal the main idea of the article and the result of the study, the abstract should highlight the subject of the study, methodology, purpose and conclusion of the study. The abstract should contain minimum 250-300 words.
- Keywords in English should contain minimum 5-6 words or phrases.
- JEL Classification for keywords.
- Introduction is an obligatory part of the work, where the author indicates the novelty of the topic and the relevance of scientific solutions. It is necessary to specify the objectives of the study and the logic of the presentation of the material. Introduction should be minimum one page.
- The main text should be divided into 2-3 meaningful sections with separate headings. Do not use too long headings, headings up to 6-8 words are allowed.
- The article should contain Conclusions part, which presents detailed conclusions (can be listed in items) on the results of the study and the prospects for further development in this field. Conclusions should be minimum one page.
- References (see below). In case References section is incorrect, the reviewers can reject the article.
- Sample of the article design.
RULES FOR MAKING IN-TEXT CITATIONS AND REFERENCES:
- In-text citations should be made in parentheses according to sample.
- Sample of in-text citation:
A discussion that excess materialism, greed and reckless financial behaviour have led the world to the current situation, which should be treated as a lesson, has emerged (Kasser, 2008).
- References should be made in alphabetical order according to АРА requirements (APA Style Reference Citations).
- Author (transliteration), Title of the article (transliteration), Title of the article (in brackets – the title translated into English), title of source (transliteration), source data (place of publishing in English), publishing house (transliteration). For example:
Dikhtiievskyi, P. V., Lahniuk, O. M. (2015). Kadrove zabezpechennia sudiv zahalnoi yurysdyktsii: administratyvno-pravovyi aspekt [Staff assistance of of courts of general jurisdiction: administrative and legal aspect]. Kherson: Helvetyka. [in Ukrainian]
Транслітерація імен та прізвищ з української мови здійснюється відповідно до вимог Постанови Кабінету Міністрів України «Про впорядкування транслітерації українського алфавіту латиницею» від 27 січня 2010 р. № 55.
Transliterations of names and surnames from Ukrainian is carried out according to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Normalization of Transliteration of the Ukrainian Alphabet by Means of the Latin Alphabet” No. 55 dated January 27, 2010.
OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVE OF THE JOURNAL IN UKRAINE:
Center for Ukrainian and European Scientific Cooperation
Coordinator of scientific journal:
Tel.: +380 63 616 16 67
Official website of the journal: www.ee.isma.lv