The enrollment to the Kirkland Research Program for candidates from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan is on until March 1, 2024. The program is addressed to young leaders and experts, holding university degrees, interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and the Region.
The Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program has been supporting individual development of young, ambitious and active citizens of Eastern Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia already for over 20 years. The program objective is to share Polish experience in political transformation and European integration with representatives of the countries of the Region.
In 2016 the Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program was extended with the Kirkland Research that meets the needs of short-term research internships offered to people with established academic position.
The Kirkland Research is addressed to experienced academics, with at least PhD degree or those who have completed the 3rd year of a doctorate course and are preparing their doctorate thesis; in both cases they should also be able to produce their academic achievements in form of publications.
The Kirkland Research Program offers the research stay in Poland to the scholarship holders, who will do their individual research work under the supervision and with support from their research tutors. The work shall result in an article whose acceptation for publication by the research tutor makes the basis to consider the project completed by the scholarship holder and to award the diploma.
- Economics and Management,
- Administration / Management (i.e. business, NGOs, culture, education and healthcare),
- Public Administration (Central and Local Government Administration),
- Social Sciences (Social Psychology, Sociology),
- Political Science and International Relations,
- Environmental and climate protection,
- Security and cybersecurity,
- Crisis management,
- Development Policy and Humanitarian Aid,
- Areas related to the future reconstruction of Ukraine, e.g., urban planning, civil engineering, forensic science, etc.
The Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program, a part of which is the Kirkland Research path, is managed by the Leaders of Change Foundation.